Games are best left on the field and not in your dating life.
Play At Your Own Risk!!
1. You tell them it’s ok to go out with his friends, but once he comes back you are cold and distant. You can’t expect him to understand this tactic and I know most girls just can’t believe that he actually left you that night for their friends. You think he should just know that you wanted him to stay in with you. He isn’t a mind reader and if you think he is going to miss an opportunity to hang with his boys, you are sadly mistaken.
2. You’re happy one second and then a second later you’re pissed off. I never really understood why women do this? Maybe they think it’s a sense of control, but all you are doing is making him question everything you have said and done during your time together. Which may lead him to rethinking your relationship and it’s status. Be careful with this tactic, because one minute you can be “in a relationship” and the next “it’s complicated.”
3. You two have been texting consistently for weeks now and then all of a sudden you decide to wait hours to respond or even a day. This is another push/pull control tactic and depending on the length of your relationship and your age, just know you should have stopped doing this in middle school or even freshman year of high school. If he messages you, respond in a acceptable amount of time. You do not have to respond right away, but at least respond within an hour or less.
4. Them canceling plans you have had for weeks for him to meet your friends or family. I had a boyfriend who was supposed to meet my father and my step mom and then at the last minute he decided going on a boat with his friends was more important. He was basically living in my apartment at the time, so by him doing this, I knew it was time to guard my heart. If you have plans that have been in place for a week or longer, never cancel those plans! By canceling, you are showing them that it isn’t important to you to meet them. It’s ok to be scared, but talk to her about your fears instead of blowing her off. Communication is key to a successful relationship. You need to assure them that your family or friends with love them and that your family will be trying to make them feel comfortable, not uncomfortable.
5. He hasn’t responded to your last message and so you are over analyzing everything you have said and did in the past day or week. But, when he does respond and you breathe that sigh of relief, instead of responding right away, your insecurities get the best of you, so you decide to repay the favor and not respond. Sometimes we get busy and we cannot respond right away. Now, I know with texting everyone thinks that you should always be able to respond even if it’s a “brb” text. But guess what? Their life does not revolve around you, so they may in fact be busy or they could very well be playing the exact same game.
6. You’re out with your friends and you see your boyfriend or girlfriend out with their friends and instead of going up to them and acting normal, you ignore them. By ignoring them you are embarrassing yourself and them. This isn’t high school where you think that the guy has to approach you first. If you are dating and you see them out, regardless of where, say hi! It makes things less awkward and by acknowledging them you are showing them that you really are invested in the relationship.
Playing games will only get you so far and as a relationship coach, I can tell you that none of these tactics work! They actually will have the opposite effect and then you are the jealous ex looking at their social media accounts to try to get a glimpse of the life you could have had, had you not been the crazy girl or the crazy guy.